You would like to travel by bike but no one you know is available or desires to follow you?
However you don’t want to leave on your own, missing out on conviviality and sharing your discoveries ?
There are solutions to allow you to find a travel partner. Internet offers you access to various travelers forums which allow you to share your projects or to follow a future travel companion in his/her project.
Different website or forum may help
- TripTrib is a website specialized allowing you to find a partner for a cycling journey; Thank you Valentin, Gwladys and Baptiste for this amazing free tool dedicated for bike tourers!
You can propose your project or allow yourself to be tempted by another’s project.
- You like to kill two birds with one stone, Pedaling in good company doesn’t pose any major problem? Then it might be time to discover inooi.com. This way you will find bicycle trips between singles: …and more! That is far enough from the speed-dating, but if it works, why not?
- Compagnondevoyage.net is only waiting for you! Profiles are classed by thematic; there is something for every taste:
…The only point : it’s in French, sorry about that !..But if you are willing to practice French speaking, it’s pretty good !
- Le forum du routard: the big advantage on this forum is the fact you can choose per destination. It doesn’t only concern bike travels, it is completely open.
- For Facebook adepts, there are groups which allow you to find travel companions, such as this one: Compagnon de Voyage.
Advice to keep good relationships along the trip
It is however necessary to give your expectations:
* Kilometers per day
* Touristic pauses or not
* Respective centers of interest
PS: Little note for the newcomers looking for ideas and tips concerning bike traveling, here is a public group which could interest you.
Once your cycling partner found, don’t hesitate to call the Véloccitane agency, specialist in bike travels in the Occitanie region and perfectly capable of taking care of your travels !
So to your keyboards.. and good travels!
Phone number :
00 33 (0)5 61 71 00 55
Véloccitane – Maison du Vélo Toulouse
12 Boulevard Bonrepos, 31000 Toulouse
Call me back !
What they say
on Trip Advisor :